Thursday, 6 October 2016

Competitors For My Film

Since the film I am making is on a extremely low budget, my main competitors will be be other low budget films. These films include:
- The Blair Witch Project (1999)
- Paranormal Activity (2007)
- Halloween (1980)
- 28 Days Later (2002)
- Friday the 13th (1980)
- The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
- Open Water (2003)

However, If I am being realistic then I will not rival classics like Halloween or The Blair Witch Project but, I can capture their image by making a budget horror film look like a multi-million pound production. This is effective because then I will be boosting the reputation of low budget horror films. The only problem that I have is that my competitors are all full feature films and have a bigger budget than me, therefore my main short horror film competitor will be Lights Out which was made in 2013. According to the internet Lights Out is a Swedish short supernatural horror film directed and written by David F. Sandberg, and produced by Lotta Losten. The film was released online on 30 December 2013 on both Vimeo and YouTube. The film is only three minutes long this means I have an edge because mine longer. They also received an 8 out of 10 from IMBD, this is high for a short horror film so I have to make sure mine is up to scratch.


Bibliography:
Lights out (2013 film) (2016) in Wikipedia. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lights_Out_(2013_film) (Accessed: 6 October 2016).
In-line Citation:
(Lights out (2013 film), 2016)


No comments:

Post a Comment